To apply for admission into the program, the applicant must have the following prerequisites and physical health requirements. See the checklist below to properly enroll. Enrollment is limited and based on a first come, first serve basis.
- A high school diploma or G.E.D is required.
- Must be at least 18 years old by the first day of classes to enroll.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must sign the Doctor’s Release Form in the NALTC Enrollment Package.
- Must pass a Department of Transportation (DOT) physical examination.
- To Locate a DOT approved Doctor in your area- please visit https://nationalregistry.fmcsa.dot.gov/NRPublicUI/home.seam
- Must be able to lift 75 lbs. Materials and equipment will be lifted off of machinery, shelving, and the ground.
- Must be able to operate safely while being aware of your surroundings.
- Must be able to work in an elevated position.
- Must be able to handle strenuous activities such as pulling, climbing, walking, carrying, or standing for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to work in any weather condition safely.
- Must be physically and mentally able to operate vehicles such as a bucket truck, digger truck, etc.